Balmer Lawrie and Co Limited Recruitment for Associate Vice President Jobs in Mumbai
Balmer Lawrie and Co Limited Recruitment 2020 for Associate Vice President Notification in Mumbai
|Balmer Lawrie and Co Limited Recruitment 2020||Details|
|Job Role||Associate Vice President|
|Education Requirement||B.Tech/B.E, MBA/PGDM, PG Diploma|
|Total Vacancy||1 Post|
|Age Limit||46 years as on 06.08.2020.|
|Experience||17 – 25 years|
|Salary||90000 – 240000(Per Month)|
|Last DateTo Apply||06-08-2020|
Qualification in Details:
The company is looking for qualified and experienced professionals to man a key Executive role as per details given below.
Associate Vice President [Vacations].
1. Minimum Qualification (only UGC/AICTE/ Govt. of India/State Govt approved Institutes/ Universities): Full time regular Degree in Engineering OR 2-year full time regular Post Graduate Degree / Diploma in Management ## / MBA OR Full time regular Post Graduation in Travel & Tourism with IATA/UFTAA certification (Minimum 2 years duration) (excluding part time / correspondence / distance learning)
2. Minimum Post Qualification Relevant Experience (years): 17 years as on 06.08.2020.
3. Grade: E6 (90000 – 240000).Basic Scale (Rs.) – 90000-240000 , Initial Basic Pay (Rs.) -90000, CTC at the beginning of the scale (Rs / lakhs per annum) – 27 Lakhs per annum. CTC shall include Basic Pay, DA, HRA, Other Perks & Allowances, Performance Related Pay, encashment of earned leaves, work related benefits and Retiral benefits as applicable in the grade as per rules of the Company. (Post-Retirement Medical Coverage Scheme is applicable to candidates who are 50 years of age or below as on date on which they come on the regular rolls of the Company. However, this condition shall not be applicable in case of candidates who join after resigning from any CPSE, provided the total of past service in the CPSE and future service in the company till the date of normal retirement is 10 years or more). All the benefits will be governed by the policy of the Company in force and as amended from time to time. Candidates employed with Government Departments/ CPSUs / Autonomous Bodies should to apply through proper channel, obtaining necessary NOC which is required to be submitted at the time of the interview. In the absence of NOC, no benefit related to continuity of service and/ or Pay Protection shall be admissible to an applicant who is presently serving Government Departments/ CPSUs / Autonomous Bodies.
4. Number of Post: 01.
5. SBU/Function: Travel & Vacations.
6. Indicative Job Description: The Incumbent shall be responsible for: 1. Leading a large team of over 100+ professionals, spread across the Country, in achieving top-line and bottom-line for the Company’s Holiday’s Business involving the bouquet of MICE, in-Bound, out-Bound and Domestic Destination 2. Leverage Industry/ Trade relationship with diverse stakeholders, viz. Tourism Boards, Consulates, Aggregators, LCCs etc. to achieve the budget of the business vertical. 3. Drive and implement technology upgradation plan of the vertical, focus on CRM deployment. 4. Drive the brand development initiatives with appropriate activation processes to ensure achievement of an aggressive and sustainable growth in B2B/ Corporate sectors while growing the market & pocket share of private clientele. 5. Lead the team to develop and launch new product/ value added services to drive revenue generation in the vertical 6. Develop a revenue/ contribution centric culture in the vertical while ensuring that every member of the vertical maintains highest standards of customer servicing. 7. Lead the vertical to an exponential growth journey: Through effective cost and working capital management Through increasing revenue from B2B business with focus on large corporate houses, MICE/ Domestic business Through branch specific monitoring of performance and implementation of corrective action plans Through effective operational controls at branch level, improve conversation ratio and achieve an ever improving customer experience The above role is indicative not exhaustive.
The ideal incumbent would be one with: 1. Should have deep understanding of destinations, consumer preferences and behaviours, brand development process and nuances of Key Account Management. 2. Proven track record of managing P&L of Holiday Business with Gross Booking of over 100 Crores, with multilocation span of control 3. A passion to evolve a business and excel, should be able to energize a fairly young team into achieving a high growth trajectory 4. Relationships across the critical stakeholder viz. Tourism Boards, Consulates, Aggregators to deploy solutions for the vertical 5. Understanding of business drivers, critical service delivery processes including customer servicing through CRM initiatives, call centre support etc. would be preferred.
46 years as on 06.08.2020.
1. Before applying for the post, candidates should ensure that he/she fulfils the MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY and other criteria mentioned in this advertisement. BALMER LAWRIE & CO. LTD. being the Appointing Authority would be free to reject any application at any stage of the recruitment process, if the candidate is found ineligible for the post for which he/she has applied. No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
2. All Minimum Eligibility conditions as mentioned in the advertisement shall also be considered as Essential Eligibility conditions. The Company shall be within its rights to reject the candidature of an applicant at any stage of selection process if the applicant does not meet the minimum eligibility conditions.
3. No claim of possession of a qualification equivalent to a prescribed qualification would be entertained and decision of the Company in this regard would be final and binding.
4. In case the post applied for is not mentioned clearly & correctly an application is LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED SUMMARILY without any correspondence.
5. Incomplete applications, applications not as per the prescribed format or applications received after the due date ARE LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED SUMMARILY without any correspondence.
6. All the details given in the online application form will be treated as final and no changes will be entertained.
7. Request for change of Mailing address / Email / category / posts as mentioned in the application will not be entertained.
8. The prescribed qualification / experience are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate for shortlisting and or final selection. Candidates will be shortlisted based on the relevance and quality of experience vis-à-vis the requirements of the advertised role. The Company’s decision shall be final in this regard.
9. All minimum eligibility qualifications, where applicable, should be recognized by UGC/AICTE/ Govt. of India/State Govt and from UGC/AICTE/ Govt. of India/State Govt recognized/affiliated institutes/colleges/universities as on the date of passing. Candidates, shall be required to submit an undertaking in the prescribed format to that effect at the time of submission of original testimonials before being advised for Medical Examination. Application of such shortlisted candidates not submitting the undertaking in the prescribed format shall be summarily rejected & no refund of fees (submitted if any) shall be made. In the event where the qualification acquired is not found to be recognized by UGC/AICTE/ Govt. of India/State Govt recognised University/ Institutes post selection, the appointment shall be terminated without further notice.
10. The job description(s) mentioned above is only indicative. It may change based on the requirement of the company and discretion of the management.
11. Only short-listed candidates who are found prima facie eligible based on the details given in the application form will be called for the written test and / or personal interview as the case may be.
12. Category (SC/ST/OBC[NCL]/PWBD/Ex-Servicemen/General) once mentioned in the application form will not be changed and no benefit of other category will be admissible later on.
13. The Candidates should correctly enter the Start Date & End Date in DD.MM.YYYY FORMAT for work experience details as the same shall be reckoned for checking eligibility against Post Qualification relevant Experience. If any data not entered or incorrectly entered, the application shall be rejected without any correspondence with the candidate.
14. The OBC candidates who belong to “CREAMY LAYER” are not entitled for relaxation of age and/or for consideration against reserved positions
15. Relaxations / Reservations etc. for SC/ST, PWBD, OBC (Non Creamy Layer) & EWS will be as per Government Rules.
16. Candidates from SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/PwBD category should produce the original caste/ class/ disability certificate issued by Competent Authority in the prescribed format as given in our website as per the guidelines of Government of India in support of their claim, at the time of interview. In case, the candidate fails to produce the certificate issued by Competent Authority, his / her candidature will not be considered and his/ her travelling expenses will not be reimbursed.
17. Candidature of the candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement or such information is not supported by appropriate documentary evidence.
18. The Company reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the advertised positions without assigning any reason whatsoever.
19. The Company reserves the right to shortlist candidates depending upon the number of vacancies and application received, etc., and also to decide the modalities for recruitment whether through Interview / Written Test/ Group Discussion or all of these and the venue/schedule thereof.
20. The Company reserves the right to offer position in appropriate lower Grade & Salary.
21. Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his/her candidature.
22. The candidates should clearly and correctly write their mobile number and correct email address. Please note that the intimation for interview will be given through email addresses only.
23. At any stage of this recruitment process including after recruitment or joining, in case it is found that the candidate has indulged in any of the following or similar activity, the said applicant shall be liable to be disqualified, prosecuted and debarred for all appointments in BALMER LAWRIE & CO LTD and his/her application / appointment shall be rejected with no reimbursement of travel fare or in case of detection after appointment, his/ her services will be summarily terminated: a. Has submitted misleading information or false documents b. Has suppressed any relevant material fact(s) c. Has submitted information not in conformity with the eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement d. Has resorted to unfair means during the Written Test /Recruitment process.e. Is found guilty of impersonation f. Has created disturbance affecting the smooth conduct of the Selection Process at the centre/ venue for the process selected by the Company or at any other stage g. Has uploaded non-human or irrelevant photograph. BALMER LAWRIE & CO LTD shall not entertain any correspondence from such candidates.
24. Those short listed for the Selection Process shall be intimated through e-mail. They are required to bring the following original certificates along with self-attested photocopies as documentary proof at the time of interview:Proof of Age, Educational Qualifications (All the Mark sheets & Certificates) Service Certificate of past employment & proof of date of joining & its continuity in the present Organization.Last Salary Certificate/ Payslips (Last 3 months) (where applicable) • Copy of Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Class (OBC)/ Persons with Benchmark Disability (PWBD) certificate, if applicable from the Competent Authority. OBC certificate produced by candidates should clearly indicate that they do not belong to creamy layer. In the absence of any of the above documents, the candidate may not be allowed to appear for interview and in that case, no travel expenses shall be reimbursed.
25. Out Station Candidates called for Interview shall be entitled for to & fro travel reimbursement from the mailing address mentioned in the on-line application form to the venue of interview by the shortest route as per rules. The mode and class of travel shall be intimated to the candidates as part of the mail sent to the candidates with details of the interview. Candidates providing mailing address of a country other than India, in the application form, will be reimbursed to and fro fares as per the entitlements, from the port of arrival in India to the venue of interview by the shortest route as per rules. The candidate will be required to fill in the Travelling Allowance (TA) form at the Interview centre and submit proof for travel undertaken.
26. The number of vacancies is indicative. The Company reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of vacancies purely on need basis at any point of time during recruitment process.
27. The Location/ Place of posting mentioned are indicative, selected candidate shall be required to work in any location in India or outside the Country including assignments to Company’s Joint Ventures/ Associates.
28. Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed travel expenses as per the rules of the Company.
29. Any communication as regards extension of last date of application shall be published on the Company’s website only.
30. In case it is found at any stage that the candidate is not meeting the requirements as laid down in the advertisement, his/her candidature may be cancelled.
31. Balmer Lawrie shall not be responsible for any loss of email/communication letter sent, due to invalid/wrong email id/wrong postal address/postal delays/loss in transit etc. No request in this regard will be entertained.
32. No Correspondence shall be entertained by the Company with regard to recruitment. The list of selected candidates shall be uploaded on the company website career page.
33. Any information or communication with regard to the advertisement related to the position or changes in the minimum requirements, terms & conditions, extension of last date of application, cancellation of the advertisement etc. shall be published on the Company’s website only. So the candidates must check the Company’s website for updated details.
34. Any query with regard to the application process may be sought by putting a feedback in the http://balmerlawrie.com/feedback link.
35. The court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Kolkata.
Concessions, Relaxations and Reservation:
i) Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for Other Backward Classes (OBC) – non creamy layer (NCL) candidates.
ii) The Caste/Tribe/Community certificate issued by the following authorities in the prescribed form for SCs/STs and for OBCs as per format available on the Company website will only be accepted as proof in support of a candidate’s claim as belonging to the Scheduled Caste or the Scheduled Tribe or the Other Backward Class. Certificates received in any other format shall n ot be considered for availing reservation benefits. (i) District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector /Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/ Deputy Collector/1 st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/Sub Divisional Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner. (ii) Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate; (iii) Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar; and (iv) Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
iii) The reserved category candidates are required to produce the original caste/ PwBD certificate/s in prescribed format as given in our website or of Government of India, issued by the competent authority at the time of interview, in support of their claim. In addition, the OBC-NCL (OBC-Non Creamy layer) candidates will be required to submit a valid caste certificate in the prescribed format as given in our web site as applicable for purpose of reservation in appointment to posts under Government of India/Central Government Public Sector Undertaking as contained in DOPT Memo No. 36036/2/2013- Estt. (Res.) dated 30-05-2014 from a competent authority issued in the year of advertisement. Further the OBC-NCL candidates will have to give a self-undertaking, at the time of Personal Interviews if called for, indicating that they belong to OBC-Non Creamy Layer.
iv) If the SC/ST/OBC-NC/PwBD certificate has been issued in a language other than English, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same in English.
v) Reservation & Relaxation for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities as per Govt. rules.
vi) The Upper age limit for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) candidates is relaxable by 10 years (15 years for SCs/ STs & 13 years for OBCs). Persons with 40% or more Disability shall be eligible for relaxation. The PwBD candidates must possess a Certificate to this effect issued by the Board/ countersigned by the Medical Superintendent/ Chief Medical Officer/ Head of Hospital of Government as per the format available on the Company website. Certificates received in any other format shall not be considered for availing reservation benefits. Necessary assistance for access, seating and scribe/reader in terms of Govt. guidelines shall be provided to PwBD candidates during the selection process. However, to avail this facility, separate specific communication to this effect must be sent in the http://balmerlawrie.com/feedback within 7 days of submission of application.
vii) Reservation of posts for SC, ST, OBC (non-creamy layer) & Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) will be as per Govt. Guidelines.
viii) Upper age limit is relaxable for Ex-Servicemen as per extant applicable rules issued by the Competent Authority. Candidates from SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ PwBD category must mention their caste/disability details correctly in the application form and upload their selfattested Caste/ Tribe/ Community/Disability Certificate at relevant portion in the Application Form. In case the candidate does not upload the self-attested certificate, such candidates shall be treated as belonging to General Category and no reservation benefits shall be extended to such candidates.
ix) The candidate’s appointment shall remain provisional till such time as the Caste/ Tribe/ Class (NCL) certificates and other testimonials are verified and certified by appropriate authority as genuine. The candidate’s services shall be liable to be terminated forthwith without assigning any reason in case the above verification reveals that his/her claim for belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWBD/ES category and other testimonials, if any, is found false. BALMER LAWRIE & CO LTD also reserves the right to take such further action against the candidate, as it may deem proper, for production of such false caste certificate.
Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview
Please register yourself using the link https://careers.balmerlawrie.com/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_candidate_registration?sap-client=100# After creation of your profile, please apply against the appropriate job by going into the Employment Opportunities tab. Online submission of application is permitted on the website http://www.balmerlawrie.com/pages/currentopening between 0000 hours on 15.07.2020 till 2359 hours on 06.08.2020. Avenues for career growth in the organization shall be governed by the prevailing rules & practices depending on the qualification & performance.